1. Make the Sign of the Cross.
2. Say the Apostles' Creed:
I believe in God, the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth. And in Jesus Christ, His
only Son, our Lord: Who was conceived by the Holy Ghost, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered
under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried; He descended into hell; the third day
He rose again from the dead; He ascended into Heaven, sitteth at the right hand of God the
Father Almighty; from thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the
Holy Ghost, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
3. Say the Our Father.
4. Say 3 Hail Marys.
5. Say the Glory be to the Father.
6. Announce the First Mystery (see below); then say the Our Father.
7. Say 10 Hail Marys.
8. Say the Glory be to the Father.
9. Say the Rosary Decade Prayer:
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fire of Hell, lead all souls to Heaven,
especially those who are most in need of Thy mercy.
10. Announce the Second Mystery; then say the Our Father, 10 Hail Marys, Glory be to the
and the Rosary Decade Prayer.
11. Announce the Third Mystery; then say the Our Father, 10 Hail Marys, Glory be to the
and the Rosary Decade Prayer.
12. Announce the Fourth Mystery; then say the Our Father, 10 Hail Marys, Glory be to the
Father and the Rosary Decade Prayer.
13. Announce the Fifth Mystery; then say the Our Father, 10 Hail Marys, Glory be to the Father and the Rosary Decade Prayer.
14. Conclude by saying the Hail, Holy Queen:
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry,
poor banished children of Eve: to thee do we sigh, mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.
Ah then, our Advocate, turn thine eyes of mercy toward us, and after this our exile, show unto us
the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus, O merciful, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary!
The Mysteries of the Rosary
To be meditated upon while praying the Rosary
The Joyful Mysteries
Said on Mondays, Thursdays and the Sundays, from the First Sunday of Advent until Lent.
1st JOYFUL MYSTERY: The Annunciation
2nd JOYFUL MYSTERY: The Visitation
3rd JOYFUL MYSTERY: The Nativity
4th JOYFUL MYSTERY: The Presentation of Our Lord
5th JOYFUL MYSTERY: The Finding of Our Lord in the Temple
The Sorrowful Mysteries
Said on Tuesdays, Fridays and daily during Lent.
1st SORROWFUL MYSTERY: The Agony in the Garden
2nd SORROWFUL MYSTERY: The Scourging at the Pillar
3rd SORROWFUL MYSTERY: The Crowning with Thorns
4th SORROWFUL MYSTERY: The Carrying of the Cross
5th SORROWFUL MYSTERY: The Crucifixion and Death of Our Lord on the Cross
The Glorious Mysteries
Said on Wednesdays, Saturdays and the Sundays from Easter until Advent.
1st GLORIOUS MYSTERY: The Resurrection of Our Lord
2nd GLORIOUS MYSTERY: The Ascension of Our Lord
3rd GLORIOUS MYSTERY: The Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles
4th GLORIOUS MYSTERY: The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven
5th GLORIOUS MYSTERY: The Coronation of Our Lady as Queen of Heaven and Earth